COVID-19 | Library Circulation Policy
Material Borrowed from the Neil Hellman Library
Fines/Fees will not be assessed for any library material borrowed or renewed between January 13, 2020 and March 22, 2020, if the material is returned no later than 1-month after the start of the Fall semester (assuming the campus resumes regular operations). This policy may be updated given the fluidity of the COVID-19 situation and the library will reach out to all affected users if this is the case.
Material Borrowed from the Patricia Standish Curriculum Library
Fines/Fees will not be assessed for any library material borrowed or renewed between January 13, 2020 and March 22, 2020 as long as the material is returned. Borrowers should continue to hold on to all CL material. Contact Roseann Marlett, Coordinator of the Curriculum Library, with questions or for assistance: firstname.lastname@example.org
Fines/Fees will not be assessed for any Interlibrary Loan material borrowed or renewed between January 13, 2020 and March 22, 2020, as long as the material is returned. Continue to hold on to these items through the end of the semester. The Interlibrary Loan Office will reach out to borrowers individually with further instructions. Contact email@example.com, with questions or for assistance.
Regulations & Procedures for Material Borrowed from the Neil Hellman Library
1. Library borrowers are encouraged to hold on to all material until the campus resumes regular operations. Material can, however, be mailed back to campus now if necessary.
2. For library borrowers who plan on returning to campus: Bring all borrowed material with you and return it to the library no later than 1-month after the start of the Fall semester.
3. For library borrowers who will not be returning to campus: Mail all borrowed material back to campus when convenient, but no later than 1-month after the start of the Fall semester. Consider using the United States Postal Service’s Media Mail option as it is the most cost-effective way to ship educational material, which includes books, sound and video recordings, printed music, manuscripts etc. Learn more about the USPS Media Mail service here: https://about.usps.com/notices/not121/not121_tech.htm
Library mailing address:
College of Saint Rose
Neil Hellman Library
432 Western Avenue
Albany, NY 12203
4. Fines/Fees will be assessed for all borrowed material returned 1-month after the start of the Fall semester. The overdue “clock” will start the day after the 1-month grace period ends. Users who accrue more than $20 in library fines/fees will have a hold placed on their Banner account. The hold will prevent the user from registering and/or accessing official College transcript(s) until the fines/fees are resolved.
5. The Neil Hellman Library will do its best to accommodate individual needs as long as the borrow communicates with us in a timely manner.
6. For questions or further assistance about Neil Hellman Library items: EMAIL