Music scores need to be relocated from their location on the first floor by August 26. Our plan is to do the following:
- Integrate 920 collection, which had been pulled out of their normal DDC run, back into the 900 range of the collection. This will leave all of the shelving units directly outside of the individual study rooms empty.
- We will get measurements for the following:
- Linear feet of scores currently on the first floor
- Linear feet of scores currently shelved in the basement
- Linear feet of available shelving in the current 920 range on the third floor
- It these data indicate that all scores can be brought together on the third floor, we will begin to move them to these 3rd floor shelves.
Associated work for this project:
- Jay Kibby will create a users' guide to help staff and patrons find scores in this location.
- Composer and titles cards that came over with these materials from the old Music Library will be weeded (cards removed for items with MARC records or known lost items). These cards will be relocated to the same stack area as the scores in a smaller 6-drawer unit.
See Workflow document created by Mary L. with more detailed breakdown of work for project.