Library Undergraduate Research Award
The Library Undergraduate Research Award recognizes exemplary scholarship from students who demonstrate creativity and thoughtfulness in their approach to research. All students who participate in the annual College of Saint Rose Undergraduate Research Symposium are eligible to compete for the award. The award has two broad categories:
- Math & Science: First Prize (up to $300) and Second Prize (up to $200)
- Arts, Humanities, & Social Sciences: First Prize (up to $300) and Second Prize (up to $200)
Both primary and secondary research projects, from any field of study, are welcome. Submissions will be reviewed by a panel of CSR faculty and awards will be presented at the annual Undergraduate Research Symposium. Winning posters and excerpts from reflective essays will be displayed in the library and on the library's website after the symposium. This award is made possible by the generous support of the School of Arts & Humanities, the School of Business, the School of Education, and the School of Mathematics and Sciences.
- Must be an undergraduate and enrolled at The College of Saint Rose during the Spring 2020 semester.
- Must participate in the virtual Undergraduate Research Symposium on Tuesday, April 21st.
- Must submit the online Award application by 4/10/2020. >>> DEADLINE EXTENDED TO 4/13!!!
- Must be available to meet with faculty judges, via Zoom, for Q&A between April 13th and 17th.
Submission will be evaluated on the following criteria:
|Research Project (poster) and Interaction with Faculty Judges at the Symposium
|Faculty Statement of Support
Answers to Reflection Questions are submitted via the online application as a Word document. Click the PDF below for the prompt.
Research Project and Interaction With Faculty Judges
The Research Project consists of a poster prepared for the virtual Undergraduate Research Symposium. A complete poster must be submitted along with the award application by 4/10. Competitors wll meet with faculty judges, via Zoom, for Q&A between April 13th and 17th.
Faculty Statement of Support
Share this URL with your faculty sponsor and ask them to complete the form on your behalf. Statements of support must be received by 4/17. We will contact you or your faculty sponsor if there are any issues ahead of the 4/17 deadline.