Library Undergraduate Research Award
The Library Undergraduate Research Award recognizes exemplary scholarship from students who demonstrate creativity and thoughtfulness in their approach to research. All students who participate in the annual College of Saint Rose Undergraduate Research Symposium are eligible to compete for the award. The award has two broad categories:
- Math & Science: First Prize (up to $300) and Second Prize (up to $200)
- Arts, Humanities, & Social Sciences: First Prize (up to $300) and Second Prize (up to $200)
Both primary and secondary research projects, from any field of study, are welcome. Submissions will be reviewed by a panel of CSR faculty and awards will be presented at the annual Undergraduate Research Symposium. Winning posters and excerpts from reflective essays will be displayed in the library and on the library's website after the symposium. This award is made possible by the generous support of the School of Arts & Humanities, the School of Business, the School of Education, and the School of Mathematics and Sciences.
- Must be an undergraduate and enrolled at The College of Saint Rose during the Spring 2020 semester.
- Must participate in the Undergraduate Research Symposium on Tuesday, April 21st. See the Symposium page for more information.
- Must submit the online Award application by 4/10/2020.
- Must include a rough or final version of Symposium poster with the application.
- Must attend the Undergraduate Research Symposium on 4/21 and be available to interact with award judges.
Submission will be evaluated on the following criteria:
|Reflective Essay for Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences submissions
Reflective Questions for Math & Science submissions
|Research Project (poster) and Interaction with Faculty Judges at the Symposium
|Faculty Statement of Support
Reflective Essay and Reflective Questions*
*The Reflective Essay and Question prompts will be updated and posted by February 2020. The PDFs below are last year's prompts/questions. Competitors can expect the updated version to be similar.
The Essay/Questions are submitted via the online application.
Research Project and Interaction With Faculty Judges
The Research Project consists of a poster prepared for the Undergraduate Research Symposium. A complete poster must be on display at the Symposium on 4/21. Competitors must also be present the day of the Symposium to interact with award judges.
Faculty Statement of Support
Share this URL with your faculty sponsor and ask them to complete the form on your behalf. Statements of support must be received by 4/17.