Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Curriculum Library Remote Services and Resources
The Curriculum Library (CL) will be physically closed to the campus community for the duration of the COVID-19 pandemic. Please read this entire page for information on the contactless checkout process.
The CL recognizes that this policy may inconvenience some, and we have made every effort to enhance our remote reference assistance and Curriculum Library Takeout services to ensure that School of Education students and faculty/ staff continue to have access to a variety of services and resources intended to support teaching and learning.
Spring 2021 Service Hours
January 19 - May 5
Curriculum Library Takeout & Remote Reference Assistance
Monday - Thursday: 9:30am - 7:30pm
Friday 9:30am - noon
Exception: Easter Break, 4/2-4/5, CLOSED
Please note these additional changes and enhancements to
Curriculum Library services and resources for the duration of the COVID-19 pandemic:
Items may be requested for checkout via our Library Takeout Service explained in the next box below.
CL staff will answer questions via phone (518-458-5311) & email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
As a precautionary measure, all CL items will be quarantined for 96-hours upon return. Some manipulative items will be further disinfected before they are made available again for checkout.
Useful weekly additions will be posted to the CL's FACEBOOK PAGE for education students usage, including K-12 education news, helpful links, inspiration, etc.
CL staff will be creating an FAQ page to address commonly asked questions.
Photos will be added to individual catalog records for all kits.
Library Takeout is the only way to charge items from the Curriculum Library for the duration of the COVID-19 pandemic. Please fill out the online Library Takeout FORM located in the upper right-hand corner of this page (or top, for mobile devices)and library staff will contact you when your item is available for contactless pickup. General Rules and Information:
It may take up to 24 hours for your item(s) to be available for pickup, depending on when your order is submitted and Library Takeout pickup hours. Most orders placed during regular library hours will be available the same day.
The CL will email you with instructions to arrange a pickup appointment. (Additional details below- keep reading!)
Items are due on 11/25. You can, however, take general collection items home with you if you will need them for papers and/or projects. These items must be returned within 30 days of the start of the Spring 2021 semester or fines/fees will be charged.
Use the dropbox to the left of the Curriculum Library entrance to return all material 24/7.
Fines and fees will be waived as long as the items are returned to the library with 30 days of the start of the Spring 2021 semester.
Once you have identified a general collection item you are interested in borrowing (either in AllKnight Search or the library CATALOG) simply fill out an online Library Takeout Form and library staff will contact you when your item is available for contactless pickup.
How does contactless pickup work?
The Curriculum Library is using a contactless pickup protocol for the duration of the pandemic in order to ensure the health and safety of the Saint Rose community. This is what contactless pickup looks like:
1. Library staff contacts you when your Library Takeout order is available for pickup.
2. You arrive at the entrance to the Curriculum Library anytime during Library Takeout hours. Be sure to wear a proper mask or face covering for the duration of your Library Takeout pickup.
3. Call the Circulation Desk: 518-458-5311. Provide library staff with your full name and let them know you are here to pick up your Library Takeout order.
4. Be prepared to show your CSR ID card at the door when prompted.
5. Once your identity has been verified, back away from the door and a library staff person will bring the pickup cart through the doorway. Please stand back while the cart is put in place.
6. You are welcome to take your order as soon as library staff drops it off and moves away from the rolling cart.
7. Instructions for contactless pickup, including our phone number, are posted at the entrance to the library.