Course Reserves Copyright Guidelines
Professors are responsible for ensuring their reserve requests are in compliance with U.S. copyright law and the specifics of The College of Saint Rose Copyright Policy.
The following may be placed on reserve:
- Entire books or scores in their original published format
- Entire works or sections of works that are in the public domain
- Entire works or sections of works authored by the U.S. government
- Portions of books, journal issues, and other print resources that meet fair use guidelines. Notice of copyright should be included on any photocopy. Photocopies of copyrighted materials may be used for only one semester. Beyond that, it is the responsibility of the faculty member to gain permission from the copyright holder for subsequent use.
- Notes, quizzes, tests, and other materials created by the instructor
- Other materials for which the instructor holds the copyright
The following may not be placed on reserve:
- Material borrowed via Interlibrary Loan (ILL)
- Material owned by another library
- Consumable works, such as standardized tests, workbooks, answer sheets or exercises