Library Laptop Loaners
The library has 30 laptops available for loan at the circulation desk.
Please note the following policies that borrowers need to agree to and comply with:
1. You MUST present your valid Saint Rose ID card each time you borrow a laptop.
2. The regular lending period for laptops is 3 hours. However, all laptops are due 30 minutes before the library closes, regardless of the time at which it was borrowed.
3. Laptops can be renewed once if there are enough available (this will be determined by the Circulation Desk staff), except for last 3 weeks of any semester.
4. Late fees: 10 cents a minute for each piece borrowed (both the laptop and the power cord).
5. Laptops can be left on when they are returned to the Circulation Desk (this saves wear and tear on the machines).
6. Don’t LOAD or DOWNLOAD any software or other programs onto the laptop.
7. Return the laptop to a Circulation Desk staff member. Do NOT leave it on the counter or anywhere else. You are responsible for the laptop until it is checked in.
8. If the laptop is damaged or stolen while it is checked out, it is your responsibility to pay for repair or replacement. Repair costs vary; replacement cost is $1,000….NEVER leave a borrowed laptop unattended.
9. FOR ED TEST LAPTOPS: All of the above information applies to the test laptops EXCEPT: Lending Periods are 1 hour, with no renewals. All questions about use of laptops should be directed to your professors of the class.