Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Library Undergradua te Research Scholarship
The Library Undergraduate Research Scholarship recognizes undergraduate exemplary students who demonstrate creativity and thoughtfulness in their approach to research. Undergraduate students who participate in the annual College of Saint Rose Research Symposium are eligible to compete for the scholarship. The scholarship has two broad categories:
- Math & Science: First Prize ($300) and Second Prize ($200)
- Arts, Humanities, & Social Sciences: First Prize ($300) and Second Prize ($200)
Both primary and secondary research projects, from any field of study, are welcome. Submissions will be reviewed by a panel of CSR faculty and awards will be presented at the annual Undergraduate Research Symposium. Winning posters and excerpts from reflective essays will be displayed in the library and on the library's website after the symposium. This scholarship is made possible by the generous support of the School of Arts & Humanities, the School of Business, the School of Education, and the School of Mathematics and Sciences.
- Must be an undergraduate students and be enrolled at The College of Saint Rose during the Spring 2022 semester.
- Must participate in the Undergraduate Research Symposium on Tuesday, April 12th.
- Must submit an online Scholarship application and research poster by 3/30/2022.
- Must be available to meet with faculty judges for a Zoom interview between 4/4 and 4/8.
Submission will be evaluated on the following criteria
Research Project (poster) and Interview
Faculty Statement of Support
Answers to Reflection Questions are submitted via the online application as a Word document. Click the PDF below for the prompt.
Research Project and Interview
The Research Project consists of a poster prepared for and presented at the College of Saint Rose Research Symposium. A complete poster must be submitted along with the award application by 3/30/2022. Competitors will meet with faculty judges, via Zoom, for Q&A between 4/4 and 4/8.
Faculty Statement of Support
Share this URL with your faculty sponsor and ask them to complete the form on your behalf. Statements of support must be received by 3/30. We will contact you or your faculty sponsor if there are any issues ahead of the deadline.
How to Apply
1. Review Eligibility rules and Evaluation Criteria.
2. Submit a College of Saint Rose Research Symposium form by 3/30.
3. Complete the Online Scholarship Application by 3/30.
4. Reach out to your faculty sponsor and ask them to fill out a Faculty Statement of Support by 3/30.
Symposium Submissions Due: 3/30
Scholarship Applications Due: 3/30
Faculty Statements of Support Due: 3/30
College of Saint Rose Research Symposium: 4/12
Frequently Asked Questions
Find answers to frequently asked questions on the FAQ page .
Meet With A Librarian
Students are encouraged to meet with a librarian to learn more about library resources and services. Visit the Reference Desk at the Neil Hellman Library or make a one-on-one appointment with a librarian.